Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Should I go or should I stay?

Whilst it's sometimes possible to believe that the Labour Cabinet isn't a particularly bright bunch, is it a genuine prospect that one of them would really be reckless enough to oust Brown and stand in his place? Given that whoever replaces him is going to lose the next election - and then face a likely two-term Cameron government - surely none of them will put their neck on the line, will they?

But Brown is looking increasingly unhinged as he faces unceasing criticism from all sides, as well as behind his back, and waking up with that pressure each day can't be a pleasant or healthy prospect. As an outside bet, I'd have a chancy tenner on him losing it altogether, going for the doomsday option, saying, 'bollocks to the lot of them', and calling an election before the year's out.

3 comments:

Selena Dreamy said...

Eminently argued, ASU, the first paragraph. The second paragraph, I can’t concur. They're still auditioning for what being a PM means - though I heartily wish he’d all chuck it in - you know out of self-respect.

D.

All Shook Up said...

Well who knows... someone (I hope) is telling him just what's going to happen following the credit crunch six months down the line - and I wouldn't blame him if he doesn't want to stick around for it.

He can't stay holed up in his bunker for ever... sooner or later, his mind is bound to turn to the whisky bottle and the bullet!

Selena Dreamy said...

Still, what gets me is, where were his critics five years ago, when everything was boom, and the country went schizo with an official inflation rate of 2% while the housing market registered up to 20%?

Still, all I saw was beaming faces...by all means, get rid of Brown, but who are you going to replace him with?!